New Emergency Volunteering Platform – making it easier to find volunteers during emergencies
The Centre for Volunteering are calling for organisations and members of the public to register their details through a simple sign up process and help deliver essential services to those most vulnerable. If you are a community organisation, Local Government Authority or any other organisation who needs additional volunteers in relation to this emergency, then please contact The Centre for Volunteering.
How volunteers can help:
- Welfare checks for those at risk of social isolation
- Urgent household maintenance
- Grocery deliveries to reduce demand on supermarket delivery services
- Pick-up and drop-off of medications
- Essential transportation (doctor’s appointments)
- Access to emergency volunteers
- Support and advice
- Access to training, resources and best practice in volunteer management
- Online software to assist in managing your volunteers
To find out more and register visit: https://emergency.volunteer.org.au/
Was this content useful?
Your rating will help us improve the website.
Last updated: 28 Jun 2021