Statement of Principles
Organisations committed to the best possible volunteer management are invited to sign up to the Statement of Principles for Recognition of Volunteers.
Signing up to the Statement of Principles sends a clear message to current and potential volunteers that their contributions are valued and they will be respected.
You will join hundreds of organisations - PDF, 265.75 KB which have already signed up, recognising and celebrating the role of more than 900,000 volunteers in the community.
Your endorsement will publicly commit your organisation to upholding the following seven Principles:
- This organisation demonstrates a commitment to best practice in volunteer management, and that all our people respect and support this commitment
- Our volunteers are involved in the life of the organisation and are included in decisions that affect them
- This organisation provides volunteers with clarity about their roles, and is clear about expectations and policies that impact on their roles
- Our volunteers respect the roles of everyone in the organisation
- This organisation recognises and celebrates the contribution of volunteers
- Our volunteers are provided with training and professional development for their roles
- This organisation provides all our people with the opportunity to resolve disputes with respect and dignity.
The Principles were developed with the support of an expert advisory group including several major charities and not-for-profit organisations.
Best practice organisations are invited to sign up today, using the form below. You will then be emailed links to download a certificate and logo to display on email signatures and letterheads showing your commitment to treating volunteers with respect, dignity and fairness.