Did you know that volunteering is now an approved activity under the Child Care subsidy?
A broad range of approved activities meet the Australian Government’s activity test requirements, including:
- paid work, including leave
- being self employed
- doing unpaid work in the family business
- training courses for the purpose of improving the individual's work skills or employment prospects
- an approved course of education or study
- actively looking for work.
Child Care Subsidy – Activity Test
The number of hours of subsidised child care that families will have access to per fortnight will be determined by a three-step Activity Test.
For more information visit the Department of Education and Training’s website: Child Care Subsidy – Activity Test.
Child Care Subsidy and Activity levels
Your activity level refers to the hours you spend working or doing other activities. You can find out more by visiting the Australian Government Department of Human Services website: Hours of activity.
Further information about the New Child Care Package can be found on the Department of Education and Training’s website: Frequently asked questions