There are a range of opportunities with organisations that support Aboriginal people.
Whoever you are, whatever your background, your contribution is welcome. There are roles in health, education, employment programs and many others.
Where to start
- Indigenous Community Volunteers matches skilled volunteers to projects in Indigenous communities.
- Reconciliation Australia promotes good relationships between First Australians and other Australians.
- Australian Indigenous Mentoring Experience aims to boost year 10, year 12 and university admission rates for Indigenous Australian students. Are you a potential mentor?
- The Aboriginal Education Consultative Group Inc is an Aboriginal community-based organisation of volunteer members. These groups advise on issues relating to Aboriginal education.
- The Tranby Aboriginal College in the Sydney suburb of Glebe provides an alternative and independent learning environment for adult Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- Aboriginal Native Title and Reconciliation
- Aboriginal Literacy Foundation
- Aboriginal Legal Service NSW/ACT..