The NSW Volunteering Strategy provides the framework for the development of the sector in NSW for the next decade.
- Making it easier to volunteer
- Supporting organisations that utilise volunteers
- Recognising and celebrating volunteering
- Improved support for corporate volunteering
- Volunteering creates pathways to participation, education/training and employment.
The strategy is the product of extensive consultation with volunteers across NSW, the organisations they work with, and the peak bodies which represent those organisations.
Areas of concern
- In some areas demand for services is increasing while volunteer numbers decline.
- Some volunteer organisations need support for management.
- Some organisations need improved access to training.
- How to take advantage of new technologies such as social media.
- How best to recognise the work volunteers do in the broader community.
Read the NSW Volunteering Strategy (pdf, 757 KB)
Read the NSW Volunteering Strategy Summary (pdf, 2339 KB)
To learn more about Timebanking as detailed in the Strategy see our Timebanking Page.